How To Enter the Unlock Codes on a BlackBerry Cell Phone
Model : All BlackBerry Models (except T-mobile)
1 – Using the menu go to Settings Menu -> SIM card press select.
2 – While holding the SHIFT key, type MEPD or (MEPPD for Vodafone Handsets)
3 – You should now see the five locking categories listed.
4 – While holding the SHIFT KEY, type MEP2 or (MEPP2 for Vodafone handsets)
5 – Release the shift key.
6 – You are now prompted to enter the Network MEP code (it will also state how many attempts left)
7 – Enter the code
8 – Enter Return/Enter
9 – The device should then be unlocked
Model : T-mobile BlackBerry Models
1 – On the Home screen, click the Tools icon. The Options screen appears.
2 – In the tools screen, select the Settings icon.
3 – Scroll to SIM Card and select it. You should see the phone number and the SIM ID number.
4 – Type ‘mepd’ to display the first five levels of SIM locking.
T-Mobile uses network locking so the Network should display Active. All other states should display Disabled
Please note: For the Blackberry 7100t you will hit the “P” twice when entering the ‘mepd’ and ‘mep2′ for steps 4 & 5.
5 – Type ‘mep2′ to display the dialog box asking for the unlock code (Press the Alt + 2 key to get the number 2)
6 – Input the Network Unlock code
7 – Press ENTER and reboot handheld.
Model : BlackBerry Pearl 8100 (Alternative instructions if above instructions do not work)
Can be done without a sim card inserted
- While on the home screen, click the “blackberry key” on keyboard, then select “options”.
- Choose “Advanced Options”.
- Select “Sim Card”
- There is no area to type these letters, you just type them as instructed. No need to hit keys twice to get a letter either. Type m e p p d to display the first five levels of SIM locking. Most companies use network locking so the Network should display Active. All other states should display Disabled ( you will not see text appear on screen while typing )
- Type m e p p 2 to display the dialog box asking for the unlock code
- Press the Alt + 2 key to get the number 2) ( you will not see text appear on screen while typing )
- Input the SIM Unlock code
- Press in the trackball in once
Your phone is unlocked
How to get the Blackberry Pearl Unlock Code for Free
Most of the places charge in excess of $65 US for unlocking them, so watch out and shop accordingly. Did you know you can ask your carrier for an unlock code for your Blackberry and guess what, they do it for it Absolutely FREE. So, what is the catch? The only condition which at least T-Mobile imposes on its customers before it gives out the unlock codes for the Blackberry Pearl or any other cell phone is that you have to be under the contract for at least 90 days or 3 months before they can give you the unlock code. So, if you have the patience, I would recommend that you wait for this 3 month time frame before calling up 611 from your T-Mobile phone, talk to customer service and get your unlock codes.If you liked this article, click here to buy me a beer!