Argument for the Existence of God

2120784961 cba1427634 m Argument for the Existence of GodAn atheist professor of philosophy speaks to his class on the problem science has with God, The Almighty. He asks one of his new students to stand and…..

> Prof: So you believe in God?
>
> Student: Absolutely, sir.
>
> Prof: Is God good?
>
> Student: Sure.
>
> Prof: Is God all-powerful?
>
> Student : Yes.
>
> Prof: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to God to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But God didn’t. How is this God good then? Hmm?
>
> (Student is silent.)
>
> Prof: You can’t answer, can you? Let’s start again, young fella. Is God good?
>
> Student :Yes.
>
> Prof: Is Satan good?
>
> Student : No.
>
> Prof: Where does Satan come from?
>
> Student : From…God…
>
> Prof: That’s right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?
>
> Student : Yes.
>
> Prof: Evil is everywhere, isn’t it? And God did make everything. Correct?
>
> Student : Yes.
>
> Prof: So who created evil?
>
> (Student does not answer.)
>
> Prof: Is there sickness? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don’t they?
>
> Student :Yes, sir.
>
> Prof: So, who created them?
>
> (Student has no answer.)
>
> Prof: Science says you have 5 senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son…Have you ever seen God?
>
> Student : No, sir.
>
> Prof: Tell us if you have ever heard your God?
>
> Student : No , sir.
>
> Prof: Have you ever felt your God, tasted your God, smelled your God? Have you ever had any sensory perception of God for that matter?
>
> Student : No, sir. I’m afraid I haven’t.
>
> Prof: Yet you still believe in Him?
>
> Student : Yes.
>
> Prof: According to empirical, testable, demonstrable protocol, science says your GOD doesn’t exist. What do you say to that, son?
>
> Student : Nothing. I only have my faith.
>
> Prof: Yes. Faith. And that is the problem science has.
>
> Student : Professor, is there such a thing as heat?
>
> Prof: Yes.
>
> Student : And is there such a thing as cold?
>
> Prof: Yes.
>
> Student : No sir. There isn’t.
>
> (The lecture theatre becomes very quiet with this turn of events.)
>
> Student : Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don’t have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can’t go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.
>
> (There is pin-drop silence in the lecture theatre.)
>
> Student : What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?
>
> Prof: Yes. What is night if there isn’t darkness?
>
> Student : You’re wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light…. But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and it’s called darkness, isn’t it? In reality, darkness isn’t. If it were, you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn’t you?
>
> Prof: So what is the point you are making, young man?
>
> Student : Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.
>
> Prof: Flawed? Can you explain how?
>
> Student : Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good God and a bad God. You are viewing the concept of God as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, science can’t even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing. Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor. Do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?
>
> Prof: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes,  of course, I do.
>
> Student : Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?
>
> (The Professor shakes his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument is going.)
>
> Student : Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this
> process is an on-going, are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?
>
> (The class is in uproar.)
>
> Student : Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor’s brain?
>
> (The class breaks out into laughter.)
>
> Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor’s brain, felt it, touched or smelled it?…..No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established rules of empirical,stable, demonstrable protocol, science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?
>
> (The room is silent. The professor stares at the student, his face unfathomable.)
>
> Prof: I guess you’ll have to take them on faith, son.
>
> Student : That is it, sir.. The link between man & god is FAITH. That is all that keeps things moving &
> alive.
>
> You know who this  young man was ?
>
>
> ———————————————–
> ALBERT EINSTEIN
> ———————————————–

If you liked this article, click here to buy me a beer!

  • Jdurondeau

    To my ex husband, Laurent Durondeau,
    How much I wished I could of told u this when u demanded answers n called me stupid n ignorant to have faith in God.

  • Catwalkcinema

    This is just one of many,many, “real life experiences”,and “personal knowledge”, stories told by Christians who want desperately to have everyone buy into their delusion. Like all cults,you don’t want non-believers running around raising questions of logic. That’s the whole point of your missionaires.

  • Brololo

    Other people have explained why this sucks. I’ll just say that my opinion boils down to “Boo, you whore.”

  • priestslikerapingboys

    christfags

    jesus-christ-on-a-stick you have been fucked over.
    your parents taught u to be stupid dicks and now you’re fucking everything up.

    simply put: all of your arguements are logically incorrect

    also, your knowledge of science is simply wrong. that’s it. pick up a fucking textbook and learn something.

  • Tarrah32

    For anyone who doubts, I recommend Case for Christ by lee strobel

    God bless!

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Mohammad-Shafiq-Khan/100001600321358 Mohammad Shafiq Khan

    A very brief synopsis would clarify my work to all members & justify the relevance of my work to learning, education & training . Aristotle considered space as finite & absolute, time and matter as absolute thereby God had no power on space, time & matter but he empowered God with the power as Prime Mover of everything (matter). Newton through his laws held that matter moves in nature not because of God but because of inherent nature of matter by which matter attracts other matter.Coming to how Newton’s Laws are wrong? From the time of Aristotle space was considered as finite & absolute till 1905. Thus at the time Newton also same perspective of space was held. Now finite space means the universe has boundaries and according to Law of Gravitation the stars/galaxies on the periphery of the universe will be attracted towards the central universe and according to 2nd Law of Motion these peripheral stars/galaxies will accelerate towards the centre of the universe finally to collapse there. Thus finite space (the nature of space known at the time of Newton) and Law of Gravitation are contradictory. Newton assumed sun at rest but under Newton’s Laws the rest condition of any celestrial object is just not possible. Having rejected the Descartes’s aether and assumed the space as vacuum; in the 1st Law of Motion he states that objects with uniform (linear) motion faces absolutely no resistance but under second Law of Motion Newton states that objects pose resistance to the change in motion which he represented by inertia or mass. He assigns no physical reason to this resistance to the change in motion and it is here the philosophy/rationality was sacrificed on mathematics. Now even today physicists do not know what is mass & where it is in the particles. Representation of planetary motion of solar system by Newton Laws mathematically was the only criteria for adopting the Newton’s Laws; though his Laws were irrational, incorrect & untenable; was the greatest scientific error in the history of science. This Newton did to reject the existence of aether which was scientifically introduced by Descartes. The harm done by Newton was that irrational & incorrect laws were introduced by him which closed the doors of investigation into the existence of God especially by rejecting the existence of aether which together with nature of light contained the secrets of reality. Later this was very well known that Newton laws cannot be correct as explained by Mach; whatever corrections were required those corrections Einstein introduced with the help very confusing trickeries (described in detail in my article). Now a paradigm of physics was defined by Einstein under which God just cannot exist. Four constituents of the universe were reduced to two by Einstein namely space-time concept and matter & energy transmutability where space is emergent, matter is emergent and time is interconnected with space. Philosophically for any existence including God there are two basic requirements namely space & substance. Without discussing the substance; by the emergent space is meant that space came into existence at a point in time as such there is no possiblity that eternal God could have existed before the space came into existence i.e. 13.7 billion years ago or thereafter. Both of them; Newton & Einstein; had rejected aether before introducing their laws & theories. Whereas aether has been shown to be existing and containing the secrets of light & time. Once aether is accepted space is again finite & absolute, time is relative depending upon motion of the observer, and as humans perceive it, time is emergent and matter is not absolute but emergent. Now for emergence of matter & time the existence of God is a pre-condition and once we investigate the matter, aether & forces in nature there have to be substances which have no electromagnetic properties & can’t be seen. Soul & God are such substances. Conscience is in the soul.

  • http://twitter.com/Cur123 Cur123

    i love jesus.

  • foundinHim

    What is the harm in believing?  If you believe there is a God and he has made a special place for you in the heavens and you repent of your sins, doesn’t that make you a better person while you are still here on this earth?  As opposed to living your life as if everything is just an accident, and you only live for yourself not caring for your brothers and sisters, not repenting?  I’d rather live my life as if there is a God and die and find out there isn’t, to live my life as if there is no God and die and find out there is!!

    • Catwalkcinema

      Your belief is the reason we can have,and have had, millions upon millions of dead young men, women, and children throughout the centuries. If we don’t instill a belief in an “afterlife” in the people, how the hell are we gonna get them to go off and die in our wars?  The allure of your belief system is powerful,….that is the danger in it. Never die/some all powerful god watching over you,..wow…I’ll buy that!!!

  • Andy187

    This is sad not the post but the comments.

  • mercy

    If you don’t believe in magic, I think you are mistaken. Don’t get me wrong. I’ve had my doubts, too. But then I found upesaspelltemple@yahoo.com    I was having money problems, and a good friend of mine referred me to him. I owned a shoping plaza, and I was a little behind on bills. I had already sold half of my stocks and couldn’t afford to lose any more. Otherwise, my business would be residing in the great pasture in the sky, if ya’ know what I’m saying. I was in some real trouble. I needed money and fast. After Upesa cast a money spell on me, I was living easy. I no longer have to worry about my shopping plaza, and I also am increasing my stocks quantity quickly. I couldn’t have done it without you    I was having money problems, and a good friend of mine referred me to him. I owned a shoping plaza, and I was a little behind on bills. I had already sold half of my stocks and couldn’t afford to lose any more. Otherwise, my business would be residing in the great pasture in the sky, if ya’ know what I’m saying. I was in some real trouble. I needed money and fast. After Upesa cast a money spell on me, I was living easy. I no longer have to worry about my shopping plaza, and I also am increasing my stocks quantity quickly. I couldn’t have done it without you

  • Dry Vodka Martini

    Ahahahahahahahahaa. The professor is either fictitious, or an idiot. (Most likley fictitious, as strawman arguments are very commonly used to argue against those who oppose religion).

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002714882037 Katrina Doxsie

    This is a lie. Einstein was practically an atheist. If you called him anything else with a sense of truth it would have to be a pantheist. He did NOT believe in the Christian god or any other personal god. I have an entire book of his writings. FFS give things a run at snopes.com before you pass them as truth. How can you say you are a follower of the god that says thou shalt not lie and then lie to people like this?

  • Boo

    That is incorrect. I am also a Roman Catholic, and we believe that people who do not know or understand our faith can still attain heaven by leading a good and upright life as well as they can, as God created all people. “for God who sees clearly, searches and knows the heart, the disposition, the thoughts and intentions of each, in His supreme mercy and goodness by no means permits that anyone suffer eternal punishment, who has not of his own free will fallen into sin.”. Pope Pius IX in “Quanto conficiamur moerore” of 10 August, 1863

  • Crazycam

    I love how the ignorant religious ppl always make lies like this. and this arguement for god is completly void.  cuz you can see ur brain. you DIDNT evolve from a monkey so the student obviously has no intelligence in the field of science, and therefore should not be argueing against it.  You evolved from a speices of ape, your cousins of monkeys, u didnt come from a monkey. People who argue agaisnt evolution certainly sound like idiots. you can observe evolution with ur eyes, and observation dosent mean to observe within ur lifetime, ur life is a tiny thing compared to the age of the universe and earth. you cant observe how 2+2=4 can you, but yet its a fact. Like evolution,gravity,and the germ theory. take the HIV virus for instance you can watch it evolve as there are many medications for it since it evolves to each medication and new ones must be made to kill the evolved virus. This shows that both the scientist and student are ignorant on the subject of science and religion. and that this story is completely made up and shows no relevence. Theres proof of evolution, a hell of a lot. and one final note beucase i could go on and on and idk why im wasteing my time here but, Evolution is a FACT whether u BELEIVE it or not. Science and reality is based off of facts,evidence,proof and experimentation. Religion is not based off of this its based off of faith,belief and assumption.

  • ALICE X

    Christianity is based on faith and faith alone therefore
    there is no real proof concluding the existence of god. Nor will there be any scientific
    proof regarding the existence of god.   

    ALICE X

  • Donna Buckman

    I doubted this conversation between a student and professor. I have a friend who is a professor at UTEP. He assured that there are indeed many professors out ther who delight in poisoning young people’s mind. I knew the enemy came disguised. Even then, I wouldn’t expect it to be a professor. I was  sure the Anti-Christ would come as a world leader.Food for thought regards to evil being everywhere:” Without the possibilityof real evil, we would have only innocence and not goodness.” by Josiah Royce

    • Jhpeacemia44

      Insane. You believe in fairy tales. You must not want to lose your Chirstmas present privelages.

  • Donna Buckman

    Shocking. I expected the Anti- Christ to come as a politician. I didn’t think as a professor. I knew he’d be disguised. I also knew he wouldn’t dare knock on your door and tell you who he was. I doubted that a professor would do this, but my friend who is a professor at UTEP told me that yes many professors take young, impressionable students and poison their minds like this.I can only say,”Without the possibility of real evil, we would have only innocence  and not goodness.” byJosiah Royce. What that professor failed to realize is that even physics is based on faith! This proves my point God cannot be made to fit in a box that’s why He tells us, ” My ways are not your ways. Neither are your ways mine.” Even if He explained it all to us in kindergarten terms our little minds could not understand. Yes, He does heal. I am a recipient of His healing. I walked into the doctor’s office with Crohn” disease. My faith, the size of a mustard seed, allowed me to walk out only with a gall bladder problem. I haven’t had any problems since! if I had been Einstein’s mom I would have been in that professor’s face. Oh, well that professor had to stand before a righteous God before having to spend eternity in the lake of fire. If I didn’t have my faith I would be one seriously depresed person.

    • Jhpeacemia44

      Who’s poisioning the minds of youth? You, Donna, believe that people SHOULD burn in hell, for all of eternity. You can’t blame any GOD for wishing that on others. You’re INSANE and very IMPRESSIONABLE!!!! You believe in an ANTI-CHRIST! FOR GOD’S SAKE!!!! Your own beliefs, and your beliefs alone have created a devil, and a REAL HELL that others are forced to share with you, due to your ignorant beliefs.

    • StOoPiD_MoNkEy

      Donna,

      You would have no problem providing documents stating that you walked into your doctors office and diganosied [sic] with Chrohn’s and walked out with a gall bladder problem?  Also, I can compre them to mine as I have had my gall bladder removed and can provide pics and docs.  Also I have another question for you.  Ponder this.  If the world is ripe for the anti-christ and his job is to subvert your gods rule, why the cloak and dagger routine.  Today’s society is so much more rational, present company excluded, that all we would have to do is a few magic tricks and he’d have followers by the droves.  And before you say god won’t let him.  He rebelled from god.  why would he follow his rules?

  • I Love Jesus

    I don’t careless if it was Albert Einstein who said this or not….but what I have in my heart and mind is that I do love JESUS and will always do…..and I’m very happy that I am born as a Roman Catholic :DD

    • http://www.facebook.com/Animal01 Scott Hutchinson

      Yeah, good thing you were lucky enough to be born into a Roman Catholic family, and just *happened* to be part of the One True Faith.  Otherwise, God would send you to Hell.  :P

  • Maranyika

    Little philosophy leads to atheism deep philosophy leads to religion after realizing there is God the all powerful and merciful.

    • Louis Cypher

       This sort of nonsensical theory leads to bullshit!

      • Maranyika

        Therefore, does bullshit leads back to your ass?

        • Louis Cypher

           Do but it does to ur god. Hey I saw Satan fucking ur god in the ass!!!

        • Louis Cypher

           Your little philosophy is the religion & the god u believe in. God is a figment of your imagination. And he never existed and will never exist. Can’t keep it more than that for your demented brain.

  • Ibrahimadam271

    why does everyone connect religion to God? Those are seperate questions. First we need to answer is do we have a Creator? Obvioulsy since we once never existed and then existed something MADE us. THe “thing” that made us is the Creator. THen we need to ask who or what this Creator is. Then we can finally as did the Creator send a “religion” to mankind.

  • robert51

    “Faith” is another word for “I’m not sure but I have a feeling religion is true”.
      Like most of the logical posters here, I too cannot in any way believe the supernatural, incredible tales of religion. The depicted events in bibles are more than anything Hollywood could dream of. Its just too much. I know people were not well read in those ancient days, so, “Example Tales” were to educate people as how to behave as citizens. We are organic human flesh. “Organic”, not “Divine”
      I have given up hope for the majority to see the actual facts of life.
      We are Humans, period.         ps.  Einstein has been asked many times of this “Debate”
    during his early days. He always laughed and said ” No, I have no memory of it,  , but I can’t control that story”. Einstein never publicly spoke out against religion however,, read up on the man and you will see he did NOT belive the supernatural exists. .

  • http://twitter.com/Cur123 Cur123

    moses look like god.-god, moses the supreme law-the ten commandments-and in jewish too. curry_stephanie@rocketmail.com.love,stephanie diane curry.’{john 3;16}”*selah*. mrs. stephanie diane curry.”{john 3;16}”.”{goodbye}”.”{thankyou}”.

  • http://twitter.com/Cur123 Cur123

    *some professor’s can have some brain, but, some are twisted- ‘indeed*.

  • aaron de ruiter

    This is bullshit, crack your brain open and see your brain. And without your brain you would not function. Such are the laws of physics. And even if god existed, there would be no reason for us to believe so. Our logics have so far always been right, and logic defies god. So god does not exist. If he would, then he could just as well go away because we never notice anything of him, we won’t miss him. I cannot see how people can still believe in god. We now have knowledge and understanding of our world, and some people think that something that breaks literally all logic and science exist. Now that’s ignorant.

    • Ibrahimadam271

      logic defies a Creator? We are called “creation” obviously we have a “creator” duh

      • Louis Cypher

         Who the fuck says we are a creation? We aren’t and even if we were do u think it was Allah who did it? Pishtosh – it was more likely the alien overlords who did so. God indeed :P

    • Martha

      I had rather believe there is a God  and go to Heaven than

      disbelieve  in  God  and go to Hell !!!!!!!    I can feel God in

      my heart and He leads my life everyday.    Praise God.

      • bleus

        Please explain the following to me:

        God Loves us All, uniquely, and individually, without reservation.

        This same God is not only willing, but is perfectly content to sentence each and every one of us to INFINITE PUNISHMENT (i.e. eternal damnation) for committing a FINITE SIN (i.e. any single-act that is contrary to any one rule off an arbitrary set as such was laid out in a number of religious texts over several thousand years)…

        I’m quite curious as to how you rationalize those two fundamental christian beliefs…. (I suspect that you try not to think about such things as much as you can manage to avoid it) — FYI: There are LOTS of inconsistencies in the nature of “God” as defined by the Jews, Muslims and Christians. Ignoring the even greater inconsistencies between Jehova (Abrahamic-God) and the beliefs of Budhists, Taoists, Seikhs, Hindis, or any of the thousands of other faiths…

        Also, bear in mind, I would LOVE to believe in someplace awesome where I could go after I die.. because, to be honest, death looks like a pretty damn shitty prospect! So yes, I TOTALLY get the allure of what religion promises you, but I guess that I’m just not gullible enough to make myself believe in Santa Clause, fairies, or heaven just because it would be cooler to live in a world where they exist…

        • Tarrah32

          Please watch …the case for christ, by lee strobel

      • Catwalkcinema

        Martha, I suspect you haven’t REALLY thought about the unexpected consequences of your belief system. I think you believe that embracing the concept of a God is completely good. Well,it ISN’T!   It has, and IS,  being used to perpetate war.  Because, “How can we send young men (and women) out to die in our wars if we don’t teach them there is an afterlife?) No afterlife?Likely few,or no wars.  Remember the terriorists???

  • John Wu

    There are too many objections to this smug little story to list here. Apart from the obvious lie (what happened to “the truth shall set you free”?) about Einstein – an agnostic from a secular Jewish family – the author twists everything to suit his or her bias.
    For example, no “college professor” would initiate such an exchange – though it is common for prejudiced believers to challenge the teaching of college professors if it conflicts with their own. The student’s comments about heat and light betray his or her total lack of understanding of the physical world, just as the comments about being “descended from monkeys” show a touching naivete about something he or she professes to disbelieve.
    Basically, it’s sanctimonous rubbish.

  • Pure Sophistry

    This story is stupid in that: Einstein never held such a position, the problem of evil can’t be explained by equating it to hot/cold, and faith in god is NOT the same as faith that I have a brain in my skull. We’ve picked apart the story in an article and welcome ALL comments and debates, we also have a poll about faith we’d be interested in your votes:

    http://www.puresophistry.com/2012/04/23/facebook-jesus-says-einstein-had-religious-faith/

  • Charlie

     Yes, but you can’t crack something open to see God, whereas you can crack open a skull and see a brain.. also if the professor didn’t have a brain he wouldn’t be alive, and science can prove that. common sense should tell you that, not just faith. also you can see electricity, for example lightning, and magnetism i.e placing iron flakes on a magnet and watching them form around the poles. Science also understands both electricity and magnetism. Evolution can be seen in the hundreds of skeletons unearthed by modern archaeologists over the past century. The changes to skeletons which can be aged to within a few thousand years show that humans evolved from apes to hominids, going from being quadrupedal (locomotion on four legs) to becoming bipedal (walking on two legs). They can see these changes happen over time and can also attribute the causes to environmental factors, such as having less surface area in contact with the sun, and also being able to see further distances standing up. We have also evolved from brachiating (locomotion through trees e.g as chimps do) to walking, as a result of forests in Africa diminishing over thousands of years. We can see evolution over a few thousand years when Neanderthals (~30,000 years ago) were short, stocky and extremely tough to the modern day humans who have much thinner bones and heal at a much slower rate. We can see the evolution with the giraffe necks, for example, which have grown taller so as to get to the foliage on trees that no other animal apart from birds can get to. Or tigers, which have markings that camouflage them into the environment so they can more easily hunt their prey. You can observe evolution with your own eyes; all you have to do is look at the bones on the journey from apes to humans and you can see the gradual processes which lead us to who we are today. However, you could argue that, no, you had not seen the millions of years worth of evolution take place before your very eyes; but neither have you seen Adam and Eve having raging inbred sex with all of their children to produce viable offspring which were born without defect. Nor have you seen a talking snake, a sea parting down the middle, a carpenter turning water into wine, nor any of the other fantastical stories you will read in the bible. It is hard to conceive that the world did spark from a big bang but it’s far more difficult to fathom some of the passages from the bible. However  it’s not to say Jesus didn’t exist. But the little random stories you find on the internet aren’t always true and you shouldn’t take them as such because they will lead to people like me making comments like this because it’s hard to stand by and let people believe everything they read.Also this was most probably not Einstein as he has been quoted saying he didn’t believe in God; “I am a deeply religious non-believer… What I see in Nature is a magnificent structure that we can comprehend only very imperfectly and that must fill a thinking person with a feeling of humility. This is a genuinely religious feeling that has nothing to do with mysticism. The idea of a personal God is quite alien to me and seems even naive.” 

    • just a thought

      It is just funny that you can actually think that literally all of the coincidences that would have to come together at the perfect time to allow the big bang theory to happen and to allow us to exist today, like the odds are way way way way way against that even if you think its possible that that happened, its kind of insane that if you believe in science and statistics, you would realize that it is pretty much impossible for that to actually happen.  In any other incident science would be arguing completely against it being possible for it to happen but here its okay, because its the only answer that anyone can come up with that goes against the idea of a creator.  You can also say that we evolved from monkeys or whatever if you would like, but first of all, that have never been proven, but even if it had been proven, how can you say that there wasn’t a plan behind that, and that something didn’t think that up before us, like the complexity it takes to have something that evolves that way, and that would allow something like that to happen is so far above what we can even comprehend, so to think that all of the rules of science can just exist out of no where and everything just appeared out of no where is just as crazy sounding as some god creating it.

  • just a thought

    It cracks me up that many of you commenting are acting like they have been able to come up with an actual answer to how we came to be.  Most of the theories about how the earth came to be and how we came to be require more faith than it takes for someone to believe that there is a god that could have created us.  The chances of all things coming together and everything to happen just right for something to happen to allow the big bang theory to happen are just not even plausible.  If you can honestly think that something like that could happen, but there is no possible way that a god could come in and create our bodies and all things that work together here on earth.  Science keeps trying to figure our bodies out and other things here and every thing they figure out, they find out that there is so much more they don’t know or understand.  If you really think that you are smart enough to figure all this stuff out or you can just know that there is no god that knows and understands more than us, please come see me and explain to me all the ins and outs of nature and how it works and how it just came to be, and how all the rules of physics and science just came to be and some big bang out of no where can explain all of your science and can explain how there was nothing and then there was something.

    • John Wu

       So… how did god come to be?

    • Canis Lupus

       Aha, so what you’re saying is “It’s too difficult to try and figure it out, let’s just give up and call it God”, correct?
      In response to John Wu, that is how God came to be; laziness and unwillingness to find answers on the part of humans.

    • Dry Vodka Martini

      Arguments like this just highlight how little creationists understand about the scientific process. It’s a completely different approach to thinking about the universe. You don’t start with your premise. You start with observation. For example, Darwin observed the similarities and differences between animals on the Galapagos islands, and wondered why what appeared to be the same animals had different characteristics. This led him to formulate a theory the would explain these observations.

      In science, a theory is constantly tested against REAL LIFE observations. If the observations can be explained by the theory, the theory is supported. If the theory cannot explain the observations, everyone gets excited because it means the theory is wrong and we need to look to competing theories to explain the observations.

      Now, before creationists jump on this and say “God created everything” is a perfect theory, because it explains everything, or someone pulls out this “intellgent design” garbage, there is another scientific principle at play here” Occham’s Razor: all things being equal, the theory that has the fewest number of assumptions is most likely the correct one. In science, an assumption is something that is accepted as fact without supporting evidence/observation.

      Teleological arguments are all based on the assumption that there is a god, and then use this assumption to support the argument. Things like “because you are created there must be a creator,” and “this banana/penis fits my hand perfectly, therefore it must have been designed by an inteligent being (ignoring pineapples, watermellons, pumpkins…)” start with the assumption that there is a supernatural being.

      Even if we accept this assumption out of intellectual generosity, intellegent design and creation “science” fail as scientific theories because they lack two fundamental elements of a scientific theory: they do not allow prediction of observable phenomena, and they cannot be disproven.

      Gravity, evolution, relativity, quantum mechanics, genes, etc are all scientific theories (not facts) that are proposed to explain natural phenomena, and they can all be disproven. The fact that they have not, to date, does not mean they are “laws,” or that they are “beliefs.” It just means that they are, to date, the most able to explain what happens in the real world,

      If you don’t accept them, that’s fine. No one is saying you are going to hell because you won’t embrace string theory. If you want to argue against them, you’re going to have to open more than one book (plus your mind), and learn what these theories really say and predict so you can make an argument that holds some water.

  • Tbogkkyj

    I have faith that it was actually Einstein who said this! I HAVE FAITH. IT MUST HAVE BEEN HIM!! 

    I have seen this same thing many times without Einstein’s name attached and it hasn’t made it less idiotic. It doesn’t take a genius to see how flawed the logic in the student’s response is. 

    “It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated.  I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly.  If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.”— Albert Einstein, 1954, Albert Einstein: The Human Side 

  • Rebeccayandell

    This argument is so flawed it’s not even funny. There is no wat that was Albert Einstein considering he was agnostic at best.

  • Andres Reiter

    people’s just stupid, First, in order to believe the story (and Einstein being there), requieres FAITH: voilá, this just a stupid story made up by someone desperately trying to defend his made up god (and guess what: trying to fool us with the confidence we have in science -therefore, Einstein there-). This story is a urban myth, completely fake for several reasons I dont intend to prove (but a little googling shows). So, you’ve been deceived by your faith once again. It’s OK if you want to believe, but keep in mind you are puting your trust in something that we don’t know if does exist, and we have no reason to believe so.

    Utterly, people like been fooled.

    • Catwalkcinema

      Andres, I am 74, as of Friday, and I agree with your statement here. Like to add two things. Christians assert that their god is merciful. However, he could have moved his little finger and made Hitler,(a failed painter) a better artist,(not really too hard for a deity to accomplish) and saved millions and millions of his “children’s” lives. Yet he chose not to! So to all the Christians out there,good luck in praying for him to heal youre sick kid!!!  And finally, how can we have wars if we don’t first teach the concept of an “afterlife”??

  • Asdfasfd

    einstein was jewish.. not christian

  • Slimwhit007

    Auto correct on the phone. Sorry for the misspelled words

  • Slimwhit007

    Look up apologetics. Ravi zacharias, cs Lewis, etc they have again and again proven that Christuanity exist. You debate because you can’t physical see it. But you don’t question things we cant explain. Where did the sense right and wrong come from? If energy isn’t created or destroyed how does a child’s heart beat start. So on and so on…. I’m done but if some one does reply I most likely won’t check to rebuttle

    • Theyellowdart

      A child heart beat starts using energy it acquired through its mother.

  • Craig

    I’m going to try to keep this short. 

    Christianity is based off of FAITH. The second it delves into the world of science and uses PROOF for evidence of its god’s existence, it fails because, like I just said, it’s based on FAITH and therefor does not have PROOF. Nor will it ever because once it has concrete scientific proof, it ceases to be “religion” and becomes “scientific fact”. Until this happens, Christianity (and all religion based on faith, for that matter) has no right to use science to prove its own beliefs. 

    • Jtimejr

      Duuumb!

    • Donna Buckman

      Oh, the prince of darkness loves it when people try to take something out of context to prove God doesn’t exist. It can’t be done if you read the Bible as  intended.It was intended to be read as a whole.Obviously there is proof of God. The proof is all of us who are telling you that He is real. We know it. We’ve seen it in the lives that are changed Who cares if it meets your scientific criteria? He is God He doesn’t need to fit into all the boxes you want Him to. He is infinite.Once you’ve had a taste of the goodness of God only then can you understand. God didn’t come to satisfy science nor will He ever let science explain Him. It’s alot more than science. It is FAITH. It supercedes science. You obviously aren’t changing any of us who are believers opinions about God. I will tell you why. We have lived it , felt it and BELIEVED it!

  • The_answer-42

    This professor shouldn’t be employed… Regardless of any debate over god, his answers to “Albert Einstein” are so vacuous that attendance at the next class ought to have been 0.  Cold a relative property, as is darkness.  They differ from God in this line of reasoning because they always imply a relative status – “Its cold in here” suggests “relative to a temperature that makes me comfortable”.  ”God exists” is a different class of statement, regardless of its validity.
    As for evolution, it can in fact be observed – if the professor has not seen it with his own eyes, he can certainly call someone who has watched it in bacteria or fruit flies.  His brain can be touched, although he might regret the experience, and can easily be CAT scanned – we assume without testing that he has a brain because this fits with the many, many brains we have encountered in the past – induction serves well when we don’t have a need to test something.

    The critiques the student levels are at best misinterpretations of language, and then devolve into statements which are simply incorrect.  Post something better, and cite sources to attach a famous name.

    • Russano_1

       God is evident in everything around us….in order to exist, like everything else…there must be a CREATOR.  Your verbosity impresses no one but yourself.

      • Bugmenot1

        Then who created God? Just like you said, “in order to exist, like everything else…there must be a CREATOR.”

        So if God exists, he must have a creator. So tell me who created God.

        • Tbr236

          God Created all systems and dimensions we know. Including the law of cause and effect. In the universe he created, which we live in, he wrote in the law that something must come from something else. This doesn’t mean he is governed by that law. Likewise, he made gravity, he isn’t governed by that either. He made all the laws.

      • Canis Lupus

         You and nobody else has ever given any actual proof of that whatsoever.
        I would appreciate it if, before you go making such claims again, you explain to us how you know these things with evidence that does not come in the form of a book, your feelings, or the phrase “look around you”.
        It’s, quite frankly, very exasperating.

      • Dry Vodka Martini

        So, if everything requires a creator, who created the creator? Where did god come from?

        • Drumwright98

          He has always been. It takes FAITH.

    • Baritonepride

      Evolution, as you are referring to it, cannot be observed — an organism changing from one species to a completely different species never has & never will be observed. Changes WITHIN THE SAME SPECIES have been observed many times. It is something that no sane person, regardless of belief, would challenge. It’s called “adaption”. If the weather outside is 20 degrees Fahrenheit, you put on a coat, adapting yourself to your environment. People who live in an area with harsher winters have a higher tolerance of cold than those who live in a sunny, tropical area — for instance, Eskimos vs. Brazilians.

      Most of the student’s arguments are actually invalid, but on that point (evolution can’t be observed) he is correct.

      • Canis Lupus

         It can’t be observed, but it can still be proven, and any professor who wasn’t a complete moron would have explained that.

        • Bctcreativedesign

          Out of interest, how can it be proven as evolution and not adaptation?

          • Bleus

            The theory of evolution itself posits only that it occurs incrementally in very small steps (via mutation) and in combination with natural selection. One need only show that the minute processes happen (what you refer to as “adaption”, but which is also called “micro-evolution”) to then recognize that ultimately, a VERY long chain of micro-evolutionary processes can eventually result in macro-evolution. The religious minds’ requirement that macro-evolution be demonstrated as a single event clearly evidences a fundamental misunderstanding of the theory of evolution AND/OR a willingness to adopt and espouse sophistry in order to maintain support of their own delusions. Much like the repeated, intentional misuse of the word “theory”…

  • Kit

    Excuse me. I will try to refrain from sounding insulting as I attempt to address this.

    The argument that a (probably misquoted) professor of philosophy admitted that there is a such thing as a concept of dark and cold (concepts which represent the absences of light and heat respectively) proves the existence of a fictional creature from an ancient middle eastern compilation of folk tales is a hilarious claim. The fact that evolution was first conceived as (in the spirit of science) an observation of natural phenomenon and has been repeatedly proven by controlled field tests involving the deliberate measurement of variation and natural selection in nature is completely ignored. This entire article is pathetic nonsense which demonstrates the complete irrationality which cultism promotes in society.

    Oh, and if Albert Einstein would argue such ridiculous fallacious things it would no more qualify it than if a 4 year old did. The idea that a man who proved to contribute to the scientific community should have every statement (which if in fact made, was made as an obviously illogical and willfully ignorant college student) ever made taken as fact is a perfect example of the circular argument, non sequitor, “faith in faith” kind of argument you people make for everything. This article didn’t fool any one with any sense of rational thought.

    • Pjguizar

      tell me something kit is this a rational thought. if you dont believe in god then man has made two possible outcomes. either your an atheist which means you dont believe in god or ur an agnostic. and an agnostic is someone who believes mankind cant know whether god exist or not, if im not mistaken on that. both of which are alternatives to theism or being a theist anyway true? but both are flawed and here’s why. the only way you would have to make a claim like that for which to have any value to that theory. you would have to be god! or in other words you would have to be omni-potent knowing all, and everything! obviously man isn’t either so what gives us the right to say that god doesn’t exist? there isnt scientific proof he does and there certainly isn’t proof that he does correct? when you think about it logically

      • Pjguizar

        last part i meant to say doesn’t when you think about it. just for clarification. sorry

      • bleus

        Atheism is really quite simple, since it’s just an extension of the application of the following logic…

        For ANY claim which has not been PROVEN:

        1) Assume that the claim is FALSE
        2) PROVE otherwise
        3) If (2), go back to (2)
        4) The claim is FALSE.

        Recognize that, the more times you go through the loop, the more LIKELY it is that the claim is true, but also see that no part of the cycle EVER claims that it is absolutely! (this is why science uses the term “theory” instead of “truth”). There are theories of Evolution, Gravity, Electricity, and lots more. They’ve gone through the loop a LOT, and they’re still going through it… Nevertheless, if at ANY time, they fail, even ONCE, they will become false and a better theory will be sought that explains the collected evidence in a way that accounts for the new discovery. This is how scientific theories are evolved.

        For religion, you cannot ever get through the loop even once, because no religion is testable/falsifiable. Therefore, Atheism is the LOGICAL position to take (see step #1).

        As for faith, that’s great… Children have faith in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Monsters Under the Bed, the Easter Bunny etc. At some point in their lives, they believed in one or more of those entities with the same fervour that you have for your god. The only difference is, at some point, someone enlightened them (or they “just figured it out”) — Religion is the same thing, some us “just figure it out”… the rest of you keep on believing in the great sky-spirit regardless of any enlightenment that others seek to bestow upon you. If you want to feel that that’s a positive character trait, well, good for you, but for me, the sheer number of people who are absolutely, fervently, MILITANTLY, willing to forgo logic and common sense over fairy-tales makes me VERY sad for us as a species…

        • Catwalkcinema

          I sooo love you!!!!   Excellent logic!!!!

  • adrian

    I am a christian, and I do believe in God. but using albert einstein as a subject to a false (fictional) story is not proper.

  • Garima

    good conversation
    but there is a mistake
    Albert Einstein wasn’t the young man (believe me i idolize him)
    but APJ Abdul Kalam, the former President of India

    • http://www.askstudent.com AskStudent Admin

      We actually found different variations of the same story with a different person. What we found was each country had its own idol and they played the lead in this story. I believe in your case, as an Indian, the story hits home closer when the protagonist belongs to your country.

    • Louis Cypher

       Garima – 3/4th of the stuff u read online about Adbul Kalam saying this & that are false. Pasted onto an image of him by his supporters.

  • name ‘s VAN

    I could scientifically say that God exists for the reason that He is the only possible explanation for the creation of the universe… What? the infamous “Big Bang Theory” ‘ya say. Well that theory explains only the evolution of the universe not its birth. There is no theory that could possibly explain the creation of our universe other than “there is intelligence at work”.

    • Richard

      Just because you don’t know of a theory doesn’t mean that there isn’t one. Some say that the universe has always had the same amount of matter and will always contain the same amount of matter, as per the law of Conservation of Mass and the 1st Law of Thermodynamics, and, indeed, who are we to question that? I don’t know how the universe started, but I believe that the theory I have offered merits as much credibility as any contained in an ancient book. And plus, the Bible (and yes, I have read it) offers plenty of completely false information (ex. – the Earth was created in 7 days, etc.) as well as contradicting stories – and not in the sense that their themes contradict. There are literally two contradictory versions of the tale of Noah’s Ark in the Bible. One says he took two of each animal, the other says he took seven of each clean animal and two of each unclean animal. See Genesis 7:2 and 7:15 for the actual verses detailing this. I am not trying to say the Bible is false, though, merely that it has the same potential to be false as any other text, religious or otherwise.

      • name ‘s VAN

        Yes I do agree on your first statement, but i am also aware that no one has proved a theory regarding the universe’s formation, yet.(yes, even that law you spoke of may be debunked by the fact that the universe is constantly expanding therefore it must have new matter/antimatter/dark matter formed from time to time) Well, of course just like yawning there must be an explanation about it but our “primitive” minds cannot fully comprehend it, yet… And that is my point, that we only believe in what we can put our logic into, forgetting that our brains are just on an ongoing process of evolution which means that it isn’t a perfect product, yet… So there is where faith kicks in… Faith in the One who created us, faith in the One who saved us, and faith for Him, the One and only :)

  • Andy

    This is lame. Every argument for god has been beaten down to death. If you really think you have a good one, do your research and try to understand what testing and evidence means. And now, the rebuttal:
    - Regardless of whether Einstein had this conversation or not, it makes no difference. Most of it is bogus!
    - @frankl Evolution was not observed once, or twice, or recently. We’re always evolving. Every time life reproduces, the metaphorical evolutionary clock ticks one step forward.
    - @michelle Wrong, you need to read an elementary science book.
    - @sunshine As you said…all religion(s) are ridiculous.
    - @Erne Let’s try this same experiment with you blind-folded trying to cross a highway. To be fair, you can pray for a year, and then cross on a regular working evening. A 6 lane highway perhaps. What say ?
    - @Diane Let me ask you this: If at all true, how do you think the ‘Higher Intelligence’ came about ? Now replace that with you know who…
    - @Robert I’m sorry, but the bible does contradict itself. A simple web search will reveal all. If one had to do all the work to help oneself, is there any point in praying? Oh ‘god helps those who help themselves’ you say…well if I’ve already done all the helping i need, what on Earth did god actually do ?!
    - @ANONYMOUS …and you should stay that way for good
    - @John You are the epitome of the 21st century believer: Empowered by the irrational arguments made during debates by those in fame, and gullible like a child in innocence…I encourage you to question your arguments further with the likes of google et al.

    • John

      What do to believe Andy?

      • Seriously?

        Oh John… You poor fool… I wish I knew the bliss that came with your ignorance. On the other hand, I like having a brain that doesn’t take a damn thing on faith. Good luck with that.. If I were Catholic, I’d be a passive-aggressive cunt and say something like, “God loves you anyway, I’m praying for you!” But I’m not, so I won’t. Instead I’ll say, “Good luck with the lifestyle, hope that works out for you.”

  • http://www.askstudent.com AskStudent Admin

    Wow, excellent excellent discussion going on. Keep them coming. Also, created a Facebook discussion on this topic on the AskStudent Facebook page.

    http://www.facebook.com/AskStudent?sk=app_4949752878

    • A believer

      Great article for creating an argument about faith. I can see if you are a non believer it would be a much easier life. An unrestricted life. no commandments to live up to or be dogged by. No rules whatsoever. Certainly much easier to be a non believer until the time comes when you are in your death bed and there is no where else to turn, and God is a last resort. Every one reaches that point in life. The point of no return and faith is all you have. On your last legs, and every human doctor has failed you. Moden science and medicine can’t help and you will turn to the God you so ignorantly bad mouth. Worship your demons my friends and cling to your beliefs that God does not and could never have possibly existed theories and see where that gets you. You will eventually see the light. One way or the other. Yep, much less encumbering being a non believer. I have a suggestion. Go murder someone and let’s see if you experience the wrath or not. Let’s just see if you get away with it. If it is a lawless existence then why are there laws for such atrocities. Every major human law we exist by is a result of the ten commandments. Break one of those ten laws and let’s see what happens. Who wrote them? Who knows! Sure is ironic how those ten laws govern every day life. Pretty comical all your arguments you educated fools. More like educated idiots! 

  • John

    Even if this wasn’t Albert Einstein and it was some random guy doesn’t it still stand true? All the facts that were stated and proof? It doesn’t matter who said it? It’s true. And we don’t try to make you believe in God we just highly recommend it. It’s a choice. It wasn’t given to us by law. There are two paths in this world, life and death. You can choose one based on your beliefs. It’s not Gods fault if you go to hell it’s yours. He gives you a chance you either take it or don’t. And by the way the thing about cold and heat, it doesn’t mean God is the absence of fact it means evil is the absence of good.
    Also, the existence of God cannot be proved or disproved. The Bible says that we must accept by faith the fact that God exists: “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him” (Hebrews 11:6). If God so desired, He could simply appear and prove to the whole world that He exists. But if He did that, there would be no need for faith. “Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed”" (John 20:29).

    That does not mean, however, that there is no evidence of God’s existence. The Bible states, “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world” (Psalm 19:1-4). Looking at the stars, understanding the vastness of the universe, observing the wonders of nature, seeing the beauty of a sunset”all of these things point to a Creator God. If these were not enough, there is also evidence of God in our own hearts. Ecclesiastes 3:11 tells us, “”He has also set eternity in the hearts of men.” Deep within us is the recognition that there is something beyond this life and someone beyond this world. We can deny this knowledge intellectually, but God’s presence in us and all around us is still obvious. Despite this, the Bible warns that some will still deny God’s existence: “The fool says in his heart, “There is no God”" (Psalm 14:1). Since the vast majority of people throughout history, in all cultures, in all civilizations, and on all continents believe in the existence of some kind of God, there must be something (or someone) causing this belief.

    In addition to the biblical arguments for God’s existence, there are logical arguments. First, there is the ontological argument. The most popular form of the ontological argument uses the concept of God to prove God’s existence. It begins with the definition of God as “a being than which no greater can be conceived.” It is then argued that to exist is greater than to not exist, and therefore the greatest conceivable being must exist. If God did not exist, then God would not be the greatest conceivable being, and that would contradict the very definition of God.

    A second argument is the teleological argument. The teleological argument states that since the universe displays such an amazing design, there must have been a divine Designer. For example, if the Earth were significantly closer or farther away from the sun, it would not be capable of supporting much of the life it currently does. If the elements in our atmosphere were even a few percentage points different, nearly every living thing on earth would die. The odds of a single protein molecule forming by chance is 1 in 10243 (that is a 10 followed by 243 zeros). A single cell is comprised of millions of protein molecules.

    A third logical argument for God’s existence is called the cosmological argument. Every effect must have a cause. This universe and everything in it is an effect. There must be something that caused everything to come into existence. Ultimately, there must be something “un-caused” in order to cause everything else to come into existence. That “un-caused” cause is God.

    A fourth argument is known as the moral argument. Every culture throughout history has had some form of law. Everyone has a sense of right and wrong. Murder, lying, stealing, and immorality are almost universally rejected. Where did this sense of right and wrong come from if not from a holy God?

    Despite all of this, the Bible tells us that people will reject the clear and undeniable knowledge of God and believe a lie instead. Romans 1:25 declares, “They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator”who is forever praised. Amen.” The Bible also proclaims that people are without excuse for not believing in God: “For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities”His eternal power and divine nature”have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse” (Romans 1:20).

    People claim to reject God’s existence because it is “not scientific” or “because there is no proof.” The true reason is that once they admit that there is a God, they also must realize that they are responsible to God and in need of forgiveness from Him (Romans 3:23, 6:23). If God exists, then we are accountable to Him for our actions. If God does not exist, then we can do whatever we want without having to worry about God judging us. That is why many of those who deny the existence of God cling strongly to the theory of naturalistic evolution”it gives them an alternative to believing in a Creator God. God exists and ultimately everyone knows that He exists. The very fact that some attempt so aggressively to disprove His existence is in fact an argument for His existence.

    How do we know God exists? As Christians, we know God exists because we speak to Him every day. We do not audibly hear Him speaking to us, but we sense His presence, we feel His leading, we know His love, we desire His grace. Things have occurred in our lives that have no possible explanation other than God. God has so miraculously saved us and changed our lives that we cannot help but acknowledge and praise His existence. None of these arguments can persuade anyone who refuses to acknowledge what is already obvious. In the end, God’s existence must be accepted by faith (Hebrews 11:6). Faith in God is not a blind leap into the dark; it is safe step into a well-lit room where the vast majority of people are already standing.

    • DazeofSummer

      Your logic is so incredibly flawed! People deny that UFOs and aliens exist because there is no substantive evidence to prove their existence. This doesn’t prove that extraterrestrial beings do exist, just as people denying god doesn’t mean that he does exist.
      Your proof that god caused the creation of the universe is riddled with logical fallacy. There is no evidence to suggest that god created the universe and you cannot use the creation of the universe as evidence that he created it… If I said that the existence of a fish in a lake proves that fish can walk from the ocean to the lake over land, you would laugh. The existence of the fish does not serve as proof to my belief. I may not be ale to explain why the fish is there but that doesn’t mean an explanation doesn’t exist and so therefore I must believe my original statement.
      I’m not going to dwell on the rest of your arguments, but they have no more merit than the ones I addressed. I don’t care whether people believe in a god or don’t believe, but using faulty evidence to suggest either one is something I cannot approve of.

    • John Wu

       Bollocks. You start by believing something, then invent reasons for it to be true.

    • Creadave

      To quote page 14- line 6: Jack & the Beanstock.”and Jack planted his beans and a large stock shot up from the ground into the clouds”. If this was written in the bronze age you would be quoting this as fact. Research the disgusting things the church has done throughout ACTUAL HISTORY (NOT BIBLE HISTORY) if your still praising “god” reassess your values!!!

    • Catwalkcinema

      Jeez….why the hell would you go to the trouble of building Austraila to house two ants???    (I’m certain you can come up with SOME kind of explanation….you guys always do.)

  • Spicer

    This logic is flawed… Evolution has been witnessed, there has been gradual change in fossil evidence, obviously from the same species, but adapted… I have witnessed evolution

    “Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor’s brain, felt it, touched or smelled it?…..No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established rules of empirical,stable, demonstrable protocol, science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?”
    This is in and of itself an assumption about an assumption. However, the fact that the professor IS alive, dendrites and neural tissues obviously ACTIVE to create such a state is evidence. What evidence is there that An all-powerful being exists? Well one could say the world around us… However, the vast weight of evidence is that the world that we perceive is the result of coincidence.
    Now, if we take this to mean that GOD is coincidence, and that everything there is has purpose, in that of God’s word, then there is evidently no god, as he has destroyed that which he was.

    One common argument I hear is this
    “Upon finding a watch lying in a forest, you look at its complex features and assume it to be designed (which is correct in this case). Thus, by the same reasoning, we must assume life (which too is complex), must be designed. ”

    However, this logic is flawed

    1. The television is complex, and thus was designed.
    2. The eye is complex and thus was designed.

    Take both of these into account, now witness a third statement
    A muffin is delicious because it is full of pleasing ingredients.

    However, if one was to take all of the ingredients separately, they would NOT like the taste.

    Logic is complex, and thus was designed.
    The act of Designing is complex, and thus was designed.

    Any infinite number of non sequiturs could be created from such logic, and therefore cannot be relied on as truth.

    http://www.stonemakerargument.com/1.html look at this argument for a more detailed idea of what I was trying to get through.

    And please, find a good argument, it would be great to believe in a god, but so far I have found it impossible…

    • OBED

      If anyone here cannot explain how man came into existence, please don’t venture into explaining God’s existence. If you have not even seen yourself without a mirror, why try to explain God.

      If you want to talk about God, then be ready to connect by Faith.

      It’s senseless to talk and argue while one with his Faith while the other argue with his reason. These two will never meet…… you will die trying but they will never meet.

      I just want you all to consider this:

      If you believe in God and God does not exist, you loose nothing. The effort you used to live your life in accordance to what is being taught in Christianiy will not be futile, much more it will guide you to live a better life. But if God do exist, then you benefit from the life of a Godly man.

      If you do not believe in God and God does not exist, you loose nothing, you gain nothing, just nothing. You started as nothing, so you live as nothing and you go back to nothing. You just merely existed. But if you do not believe in God and God do exist, you loose your soul and everything in you plus the eternal suffering you will receive as reward for rejecting God.

      I am a Christian and a firm believer and Worshiper of God.

      My name is OBED

      • Jesus

        May I just state, being catholic or even religious, does not make you a better person. Forcing yourself to act with integrity that isn’t even your own out of reward or fear of repercussion is quite premature in the stages of moral development.

      • Lcypher

         Hi just happened to read your case. What if there is a god but it isn’t the christian god? What if a hindu god like Shiva is the one true god? Heck what if muslims are right? What if he is gonna be more pissed off all all the christians because you worshiped the wrong false god? He won’t be mad at atheists because atleast they didn’t worship a fake god.

      • Jhpeacemia44

        Obed, do you believe that people who do not believe in God will burn in hell for all of eternity?  If so, you’re sick for wishing that on anyone. Don’t blame “GOD” for your sick fantasy either. .  

      • StOoPiD_MoNkEy

        OBED.  Pascual’s Wager?  Really?  Here are my questions for you.

        1.  What if you are believing in the wrong God?  Nothing in Pascuals Wager delinieates [sic], the xian god.  So you are still in the peril of being incorrect and going to some form of hell.

        2.  If you spend your time living your life according to a 2000 yr old book and this is your only life, you have missed on the experiences that make you human.  Your legacy will suck basically.

        3.  If your god would seriously eternally damn people for not having proof of his existence (espeically when he hasn’t provided any, and since he split the people during the tower of babel incident), I am morally superior to your god and wouldn’t want to spend an eternity with him/her anyway.

        Epic fail.

      • Catwalkcinema

        Obed, As per my previous comments, There is most certainly something wrong with perpetuating a belief in a god and an afterlife.  How can we send young men off to die in our wars if we don’t make them believe in an afterlife????  SEE!!!!

        (Of course you don’t)  You, and all you other, “Christians” would NEVER…EVER, admit your belief could cause ANY negative consequences.   Except maybe all the untold numbers of innocents
        murdered and torchured in religious wars throughout the centuries.

  • lol

    ok

    why the hell does albert einstein mean that this is true?

    that, and albert einstein never said this.

    I know its a troll who made this, but hey

    • rofl

      I think it’s supposed to mean that, just like cold is the absence of heat, God is the absence of fact.

  • ANONYMOUS

    Christians don’t force you to BELIEVE in God or this conversation. I think ALL of us BELIEVE in ONE God, right? This conversation of Einstein to His Professor happened, and EINSTEIN didn’t mentioned the name of GOD like Jesus. Because he knows at our present time that you will think that Einstein’s argument with his Prof. does not exist and not TRUE.

    • Evidex

      First @Robert, the Bible does contradict itself. Google it and try to keep an open mind. God won’t hear the prayer’s of sinners? We’re told that we are all born with original sin yes? So, how does he hear our prayers in the first place?

      @ANONYMOUS, Christians have for centuries forced other’s to believe what they believe, the Crusades, Inquisition, St Patrick even. “I think ALL of us BELIEVE in ONE God, right?”. No. Not everyone believes in a God, or a higher power, or even wish to. I am one of those people. I respect people with faith, in a way they’re stronger than me, to be able to entrust themselves to something they cannot be sure of. Some would argue that that takes stupidity, but I believe that often it takes courage.

      I don’t believe in a God, a higher power, a deity, and I don’t want to. I don’t feel the need to. We’re told that the end will come, that we can pray, and that if we devote ourselves, that our prayers will be answered and our problems solved. But why do we need anyone else’s help?

      Within three hours, just three hours, we could kill more than 3/4 of the world’s population. Massacre them. Destroy our civilisation and world as we know it. We have unprecedented powers of destruction. We’re fully aware of it. What we fail to realise, is that our power’s of creation are just as strong.

      We don’t need anyone else to come solve our problems. Our problems are of our own creation, utterly and totally. To pray to a higher power for help is an excuse for lack of action. We act like children, wishing to stay in the arms of a parent, and that’s all God is. But in my opinion, it is our creation. A comfort. We are too afraid to face the truth that this is it, we get one shot, one shot only at this life. And yet like sheep staying in a herd, we cling to these comforting thoughts. Its nice to believe that everything will just work out, that everything is planned. Its the exact same feeling a child gets when being looked after by a loving parent. We crave it so much that we create it.

      Science is not attempting to disprove religion, nor is religion attempting to disprove science. They are two different methods to the same answer. One will prove the other. There is a God.

      Its us. We hold the world in our hands, and we have the power to create and destroy in equal measure. We have the power to solve all the world’s problems, because we created them.

      Think about it this way, a common belief amongst people with faith is that of a life after death, eternal life. Most religions have it in some form or other. Well, it already exists. We are all, already immortal. You die. Your body decomposes and breaks down. The energy in your remains feed tiny organisms in the soil. These feed bigger organisms, plants, animals, working up the food chain to a baby in the womb. This child grows up, lives it life using some tiny part of your body, your energy, you, then it dies. The cycle begins again.

      I respect people’s faith, but please respect that you are already immortal. You just just have to change what you believe YOU are.

      There is a God. We are it.

      • just sayin

        @Evidex
        dats why we are baptized….2 cleanse us of our original sins which is the sin we are born with

        • Shaw777z

          To post anything on this page if you are uncertain is a gamble. Everything you say or do has an impact on the world beyond your understanding. If God were some scientifically known factor we would all be extremely fearful human beings. Not much of a test of faith in that. The world is complex and in its imperfection it is perfect. You cant grasp the concept of everything even if you had a photographic memory, we obviously werent built that way if we constantly argue out of sheer ignorance. Its understandable to have a fear of death thats why were all here. Please stop trying to use complex verbiage to get a point across.

  • Robert

    The bible does not and has never contradicts itself , you cannot read just one verse and say this is what the lord jesus christ means , if your prayers are not being heard maybe you should find out what you are doing in your life to keep you from the lord jesus christ blessings , How many times in your life have you prayed unless you needed something from him you think he takes your prayers serious , how many times have you sin ,ask for forgiveness then went out and did it again , God will not hear the prayers of sinners , you must first prove to god that you have change your ways , give to the poor , get someone saved , obey the lords laws , have faith , then the lord will hear your needs , then you will know there is a lord god , remember you are in the mess you are in today because you did not choose the lord ways.

    • Seriously?

      Are you fucking kidding me? Did you REALLY just say the bible never contradicts itself? Let me introduce you to this little website…

      http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/jim_meritt/bible-contradictions.html

      Look them up yourself if you don’t believe them. Or you could simply take them on faith like you do with everything else related to religion, you short-sighted, closed-minded bigot.

    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1066497331 Coryn Tobias

       omg you are so brainwashed

      • Louis Cypher

         The bible like the quran is flawed & contradicts itself because they were written by Sheppard in the desert 200 years ago. Their barbaric temperaments are evident in the writings.

  • Diane

    I wouldn’t say for sure that this conversation happened. I hope Christians would stop using fictional stories to “prove” their arguments and pass them off as true stories. That would be tantamount to lying, which is supposed to be a sin.

    But I do believe in God. The theory of evolution and the concept of Higher Intelligence are not necessarily conflicting ideas.

  • Erne

    Sorry, I had to repeat this to hopefully make myself more clear. Thanks
    The three previous responses included mentions of faith, religion, science, and the bible. Recently I prayed to / asked my… spirit/soul within me to please help me or my brain out because I was having memory problems, particularly short term memory problems. I noticed this for 6 weeks while I prayed the same prayers for about 30 minutes daily, sometimes two or more times per day, along with using prayer beads. When I realized that my memory wasn’t going to improve at all, I made the request for help, which wasn’t my purpose or intent for praying in the first place. My only intent was to simply pray. After I made my request for “help” with my memory problem, it dramatically improved. I could measure this very clearly. I was able to not only complete my prayers in the correct order without repeating things several times, but I was also able to get and stay on track. My praying, or my request, had nothing to do with faith, religion, the bible, or my knowledge of science. I just simply and spontaneously, without contemplation, thought about asking, and so I immediately did. It just so happened to have worked in that I got a response. When things can, and sometimes do happen, because they exist, just because we do not have knowledge of them, does not mean that we cannot experience their essence on some level. Things can exist even though we do not perceive or experience them with our 5 senses; have faith, religion, scientific or bible knowledge of them. When we make a request as I did, it is possible to get a result. In my case, the result was in line with what I had wanted and believed that I could benefit from.

  • Erne

    The three previous responses included mentions of faith, religion, science and the bible. Recently I prayed to / asked my… spirit/soul within me to please help me out because I was having memory problems, particularly short term memory problems, which I noticed for 6weeks while I prayed the same prayers for about 30 minutes daily, sometimes two or more times per day, along with using prayer beads. When I realized that my memory wasn’t going to improve, which wasn’t my purpose or intent for praying in the first place. My only intent was to simply pray. I went ahead and made my request for “help” with my memory problem. After this, my memory improved dramatically. I could measure this very clearly because I was able to complete the order of my prayers in the correct order, without repeating things several times, that I would forget, or I would not know if I had, or had not prayed them yet. My praying or request, had nothing to do with faith, religion, the bible, or my knowledge of science, but I just thought I would ask, and so I did, and it just so happened to have worked in my getting a response. Things can happen because they exist even though we do not perceive or experience them with our 5 senses, or have knowlege of them. When we make a request as I did, it is possible to get a result. In my case it was what I had requested, and was to my benefit.

  • michelle

    you need to read the bible before you can even try and prove God isn’t real. you’ll just end up like C.S. Lewis

    • Matthew

      Why do Christians always go back to “you need to read the Bible.”? I am a hardline agnostic who has read the bible cover to cover over a dozen times, all it does is make me realize how ridiculous the institution of Christianity really is, not to mention how many times the Bible contradicts itself.

      • Nick

        ALSO, ONE OF THE PROBLEMS WITH MANY CHRISTIANS IS THAT THEY HAVEN’T READ THE BIBLE, THEY JUST BELIEVE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE TOLD THEM. IF THEY HAD READ THE BIBLE THEN THEY JUST MIGHT SEE HOW RIDICULOUS IT SEEMS.

        • Nick

          ONE MORE THING. HOW DOES A BOOK, WHICH WAS WRITTEN BY SIMPLE MEN, PROVE THE EXISTENCE OF ANYTHING.
          (I APOLOGISE FOR THE CAPITALS, MY KEYBOARD IS BROKEN)

          • sunshine

            just have faith in HIM. i dont know what kind of religion u are in but describing ridiculous to our bible, i think u r already insulting our religion..i know u also have your own religion but u also believe in ur god shared by men, right? so, we’re fair..describing our religion “ridiculous” can also make your religion “ridiculous”. you have sinned……..

          • John Smith

            At least you belive in the existence of a book that’s a good start my friend!!!

  • Kevin

    Please don’t use Albert Einstein to prove an existence for God. Albert Einstein wrote bout religion and described himself as more of an anostic naturalist. Not sharing the childish belief of a personal god or the crusading spirit of an atheist. Anyone who knows anything about Einstein knows that. He even stated in his book (The World as I See It) that it is an offense to him when both sides claim him for their causes.

    furthermore the disgussion ignores the fact in which if you were to believe in an omnipotent/omniscient God. (first of all an omnipotent being cannot exist due to the obvious omnipotence paradox). The prof. was merely trying to prove the fact that God did indeed create evil, if you take his literal biblical interp into effect, he is the alpha and omega, the all knowing. Meaning God would have full knowledge of Lucifer’s downfall and the spawn of evil before it even happened. Let me ask this, if I were to create a robot knowing full well it would wreak havoc upon humanity, whose more at fault. Me or the robot? The studet avoided to answer all those questions.
    The second arguement is flawed in the fact that the human brain has in history been observed in sight, feel, and smell. Now, due to scientific studies on how a human body works, we could indeed, without much faith at all make a scientific/mathematic inference that the brain does exist within the prof. Unless anyone wants to argue the possibility of a human being operating full scale without a brain. Anyone can easily in the room theoretically prove the existence of his brain (though it would be illegal to kill), while no one could have any ability record of calling god to feel, see, touch, smell, or hear god. Personal miracles / experiences doesn’t stand in the tables of science either.

    If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man.”
    -Einstein

    • Mattski_Happiness

      No offense to anyone. But as for my say in all this. Sometimes Man/Woman needs to do away with logic and do what feels right. If any individual believes faith is what links them to god, that keeps everything moving and alive and that everything is Kung Fu ”Ying and the Yang”, than it is simply because it is what makes them happy. We only live once, we never know, the Mayan’s predicted the world will end in December. What scientific evidence, proof, faith or logic, can prove that the Mayan’s are correct. We can only wait. If it does it does wouldn’t you want to die happy.

      Peace :) 

      • Anon

        They mayans never predicted the end of the world. Their calendar comes to the end of its long count. The theory of an apocalyptic event occurring at the end of 2012 has stemmed from nothing other than vague theories and wild predictions, blown out of proportion by the media.

  • frankl

    Prove It!

    I dont believe that this conversation ever has happened.

    btw: Evoution has recently been observed in a laboratory.

    • Hdfloyd

       Please sight your source for Macro-evolution ever being observed?

  • anonymous

    As a child I had my own like test to see if the tooth fairy was fake.  I didn’t tell my parents I lost my tooth and put it under my pillow… no money the next day.  I had a test to prove the tooth fairy wasn’t real.  Now where is your experiment to see is God is fake?  You may think there is a reason not to believe but nothing is going to convince me He isn’t real.   He is there and physically I can’t feel him and you may think this is stupid but I can feel it in my heart.

  • Pod0004

    I am a believer of GOD. I’ve witnessed enough to know that GOD exists. Mere Science cannot make the miracles I’ve seen and the miracles I know other people that I know personally have witnessed. Maybe you just need to witness the events that I’ve witnessed to actually believe….but tell me this, when you die, what happens when you realize that he does exist??? Eternity is a long time……

  • just a thought

    and for you to believe all of science takes a whole bunch of faith too because they cant completely prove or explain why half of their theories work, so you have to have faith just like those who believe in a god do.  You also have to have faith that each and every scientist that have put together the experiments to figure all of these things out did it correctly and had no human error in their experiment.  I mean god? no god? eh it doesn’t really matter, but for you to act like you know without a doubt is a little childish in and of itself.  In order for you to know that you would have to know and understand every bit of science and then also understand everything that we don’t know and understand.  HIghly unlikely

  • Donna Buckman

    You will see how much more real God is than a tooth fairy soon enough( I believe).This didn’t prove God is not real at all. I have proof that He is real!Faith is a very powerful thing. It can transform lives. Go through the check list fires from the sky, check. World governments crumbling, check. One leader trying to unite others, check. All that’s left is God unleashing the red dragon on the unbelievers. Of course for those of us who believe we have no reason to fear.My money’s on Jesus. I’ve secured my position in Heaven! The red dragon is not coming to destroy unbelievers as he already has already destroyed them. He is going to try to destroy pople like me who know Jesus is real. It won’t happen as I’ve tasted the godness of a real God. I am His.Without him I would be seriously depressed. I would also still be a slave to addictions. Be warned the enemy comes disguised. He will not knock on your door and announce who he is. If this story were true I guess the Anti-Christ disguised himself as the professor.

  • Peachel Dawkins

    I am a believer of GOD. I’ve witnessed enough to know that GOD exists. Mere Science cannot make the miracles I’ve seen and the miracles I know other people that I know personally have witnessed. Maybe you just need to witness the events that I’ve witnessed to actually believe….but tell me this, when you die, what happens when you realize that he does exist??? Eternity is a long time……

  • NoTheist

    Why don’t you prove God is real? The burden of proof is not on the defender, i.e, a non-believer. Furthermore, the Tooth Fairy not leaving you money under your pillow may signify that s/he was too busy to collect your tooth, has quit her/his job, etc. It does not prove that the TF does not exist. IOW, this is not scientific. 

    Begin with the assumption that supernatural beings are not real. Then, prove that they are. It does not work the other way around.

  • p.johanna

    God is Potent, God is benevolent, correct? Who on earth are the most innocent human beings? Children. Why does God allow them to be tortured, hurt and starve? You can’t use free will here, I am talking about the innocent children, they don’t need free will, nor understand the concept…here is your tooth and the children are proof, no potent, benevolent being should allow this to the most innocent of the land.

  • Donna Buckman

    So true. I know He lives because he lives within my heart. My heart is His home. It’s an awesome experience. I guess that’s why as believers we know without a doubt that He is real.. We feel it.

  • Idontgive

    when you die, you don’t give a shit about how long eternity is. you’re dead.

  • Creadave

    You can’t see anything when you officially die. The few seconds while your brain is dying involves your brain being saturated in a chemical produced by your adrenaline gland. Picture your most vivid dream times a million. That in combination with stimulation of your brain makes for a numbing experience we will all go thru. Hence “near death experience”. No “god” to speak of, faith as well as god are man made, just like the bible itself. There is no creator to meet. If we were made in gods image & he is infinite then why do we all die? Try to imagine every single living thing that has died. All meeting the creator? If you were raised to worship Satan, or Mormon you’d be defending both the same way. Educate yourself & really try to forget fairy tales you heard as a kid. No master plan dude, the very thought of it contradicts “free will” which is also in your religion….. or is it? Another thing is sex before marriage is a sin. So if there is a hell the devil bought realistate in heaven a long time ago. From the 5 people who actually went to heaven.

  • Donna Buckman

    How true. I’ve lived the miracles. What hapens when they die you ask. they discover the Truth too late which is hell.

  • NoTheist

    I would like you to source your claims that science cannot prove or explain why “half of their theories work”. Also, are you using the term ‘theory’ in layman’s terms, or the scientific one? If it is the latter, I would love to see examples of theories without explanation. Scientific theories have basic principles they MUST logically conform too. These include: experiential observation and testing which is consistent with previous trials.

    Please enlighten.

  • Pittpainter

    “I cannot imagine a God who rewards and
    punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own
    – a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I
    believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble
    souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms.”

     - Albert Einstein “A Talk with Einstein” oct. 1943.

  • Jhpeacmia44

    It’s really sad that all you can do is threaten people with your fantasy that they will burn in hell for not thinking like you. What made you jump on the “believe or burn in hell bandwagon”? What a convenient place to send people who disagree with you!!! Well I think that people who threaten others with hellfire, will all be sent to a different planet (while they are still alive) where they will be literally tickeld to death, and will reincarnate to planet Earth as nonbelievers.

  • Catwalkcinema

    Eternity IS a long time. What activity would you enjoy doing for a hundred, thousand, million, billion years…and beyond???

  • Donna Buckman

    You are so wrong. Faith, God nor the Bible are man made. We all die in body, but for people like me I will be raised from the dead then transported to the clouds for the Paschal Supper. I will stand face to face to Jesus. I will listen to Him calling me by my new name My Delight. I know I will meet my creator.I have a seal on me with the stamp of my inheritance which is mine because I believe. My faith guarantees me  where I’m going. Does yours?

  • Lcypher

    Have that checked out. It could be gas!

  • Jhpeacemia44

    If God lives in your heart, as you say, then why haven’t you felt guilty for wishing for the eternal punishment of others via hell? What kind of God is in your heart? In my heart, I wish not evil or hell on you or anyone else. Why blame God for your hate for others who are different?

  • Louis Cypher

     Hi Donna – do u realize that Jesus as you know him to be never existed and is created up in the minds of men? His myth was copied from a handful of other such gods/godmen and rehashed to make up a new religion. He is fake and so is his daddy.

  • Jhpeacemia44

    Insane.

  • StOoPiD_MoNkEy

    Donna, thank you for the threats.  Now, I will be one of those hateful atheist.  You are an idiot.

    1.  Fires from the sky-  Okay what exactly is this supposed to mean.  especially since fire has been used as an offensive weapon for centuries.  How does this equate to the end of times coming?

    2.  World Governments Crumbling- And this is a new thing?  Name one country, since it’s founding, that still endures today?  Let me be a little more specific.  Since man has been on that continent.

    3.  One leader trying to unite the others-  Who is this.  Actually, if you think about it, your God is the reason that life sucks.  According to Genesis we were all one language and one people.  What a great idea, let’s segregate them.

    You know Yeshua is real?  The biblical Yeshua?  Prove it.

  • Jhpeacemia44

    You can’t be serious. This must be a joke. hahahaha. Donna, sadly, you’ve believed a silly story so you can tell yourself how “special” you are compared to everyone who doesn’t believe in your fairy tale. And how sick is it that you, who claim to be “good” and deserving of special treatment because of your unwavering faith,  how SICK is it that you can’t wait to have your reward, even if it means that other “nonbelievers” will burn in the pits of hell for all of eternity????? And why do you wish such a sick sentence of eternal hellfire on anyone? I’d rather love people here and now, than chose to threaten them with an imaginary hell, and condemn them here on Earth for “being naughty”.  By the way, I don’t beleive in Santa, the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy either, so I guess I’m DOOMED, and  will lose my Christmas presents and Easter baskets for being a heathen, nonbeliever. Oh, and let’s not forget, the hell part- the cherry on my ice-cream sundae.

  • Jhpeacemia44

    You’re not good, or bad, Donna; you are human, just as everyone else is. Don’t get me wrong, you are also CRAZY for wishing for the pain of other humans and condoning the countless atrocities caused and lived by humans, in the name of religion. 

    You may want to investigate your SICK fantasy that others will burn in hell for being different than you

  • Catwalkcinema

    Donna, I’m sure you’re a nice person, but the concept of a “god” that you are defending orginated(as you know) in a time when the rule of law was problematic at best. So how do we keep the people in line without a cop on every corner and no technology? Invent an all seeing “god” that says if you’re not “good”, you’ll “burn in hell”!  Oh, and by the way,…we get another benefit,…we can send young men off to die in our wars if we tell them there’s an afterlife! Perfect,…  let’s do it!

  • Jkm Flames

    it has been proven that Jesus lived they have documents that have said he lived and was crucified 

  • Catwalkcinema

    Jkm, uh,…first of all, if prayer, (by you believers) actually worked, everyone would be a Christian! Second, a belief that you are the “son of a god” is the most common mental illness delusion. My brother was locked up in a hospital for that belief. And SOMEONE had to be first! Also,where the hell was this guy for the first three decades of his llife???  Coming up with the fantasy,of course!
    You feel the way you do because it gives you comfort to believe that there is an “all powerful God” watching over you, and you won’t ever have to “die” if you cling to that belief.  Completely understandable……just not true.