For College students who are approaching graduation time and looking for the best places to work, look no further, Google is here. The darling of the Internet is the most sought after best place to work for College graduates.
Google’s headquarters is located in Mountain View, California. Google is renowned for their awesome work place. While not all Google offices around the globe are equally well-stocked, these are some of the essential elements that define a Google workspace:
* Lobby Décor – Piano, lava lamps, and live projection of current search queries from around the world.
* Hallway Décor – Bicycles and large rubber exercise balls on the floors, press clippings from around the world posted on bulletin boards everywhere. Many Googlers standing around discussing arcane IP addressing issues and how to build a better spam filter.
* Googler Offices – Googlers work in high density clusters remarkably reflective of our server setup, with three or four staffers sharing spaces with couches and dogs. This improves information flow and saves on heating bills.
* Meeting – Most Googlers have high powered Linux OS workstations on their desktops. In Google’s earliest days, desks were wooden doors mounted on two sawhorses. Some of these are still in use within the engineering group.
* Recreation Facilities – Workout room with weights and rowing machine, locker rooms, washers and dryers, massage room, assorted video games, Foosball, baby grand piano, pool table, ping pong, roller hockey twice a week in the parking lot.
* Google Café – Healthy lunches and dinners for all staff. Stations include “Charlie’s Grill,” “Back to Albuquerque,” “East Meets West” and “Vegheads.” Outdoor seating for sunshine daydreaming. Googlers get free food in 11 different cafeterias throughout the Googleplex.
* Snack Rooms – Bins packed with various cereals, gummi bears, M&Ms, toffee, licorice, cashew nuts, yogurt, carrots, fresh fruit and other snacks. Dozens of different drinks including fresh juice, soda and make-your-own cappuccino.
* Quiet Rooms – Need to catch up with some Zzzz. The Quiet Rooms are here.