I am sure that you guys have heard enough about Super Bowl 46 this year in Indianapolis featuring the Team of the decade New England Patriots going against giant killers New York Giants. The kickoff time is scheduled for approximately 6:30 pm EST.
Interesting facts about Super Bowl 2012
- This is the 42nd annual championship game in the modern NFL era
- This is the first Super Bowl in Indianapolis, and the first time in the history of the game, under a retractable roof stadium
- This is only the fourth time the Super Bowl will be played in a cold weather city
- The 2011 Giants are the first team in NFL history to reach the Super Bowl after having been outscored by their opponents in the regular season (394 points scored, 400 points allowed)
- Tom Brady completed 65.6% of his passes for a career-high 5,246 yards (the second highest total in NFL history) and 39 touchdown passes, with just 12 interceptions and a rating of 105.6.
- If the Patriots lose the Super Bowl, they would be the first team to lose at least one Super Bowl in four decades (1985, 1996, 2007). As a result of that, it would make the New York Giants the first teams to win a Super Bowl in 4 decades (1986, 1990, 2007)
- All commercials for the game sold out by Thanksgiving 2011, at an average price of $3.5 million per thirty-second ad, by far the highest rate for Super Bowl advertising in the event’s history.
Post who are you rooting for in the comments section below. Are you rooting for Tom Brady and the New England Patriots to win this year or the New York Giants?
While you are doing that, here is a sneak preview of the leaked commercials for the Super Bowl.